RFSA Announces its Annual Scholarship Recipients
Monday, 23 June 2014
The NSW Rural Fire Service Association (RFSA) has announced the recipients of the 2014 Chris Lord Memorial and President’s Scholarships.
The annual scholarships are awarded with the intent of enhancing the recipient’s professional and personal development to provide a higher level of service to the NSW RFS and the community of NSW.
The RFSA provides annual scholarships for registered Members who are considered to be outstanding representatives of both the NSW RFSA and the NSW Rural Fire Service.
A total of 7 scholarships were awarded this year for education in areas encompassing Training and Assessment and Planning for Bushfire Prone Areas and Fire Investigation.
RFSA President Tim Arnott commended the recipients on their achievement. “The Association is proud to assist these members in furthering their education and skills. They are exceptional representatives of both the RFS and RFSA and we wish them continued success with their educational study and their role within the RFS.”
2014 RFSA Chris Lord Memorial Scholarship Recipients (awarded to NSW RFS Volunteer members)
· Adrian Grabham, Eglinton Brigade - RFSA Division 8, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
· Alyce Selwood, Clifton Grove/Ophir Brigade - RFSA Division 8, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – Coffs Harbour TAFE
· Anthony Macvean, Ku-ring-gai Brigade - RFSA Division 4, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - Open Colleges
· Christopher McInerney, Deua River Brigade - RFSA Division 6, Planning for Bushfire Prone Areas - Sydney University of Technology
· Richard Miller, Wyong Brigade -RFSA Division 3, Certified Fire Investigation Program – International Association of Arson Investigation
· Sheree Whitehead, Clifton Grove/Ophir Brigade – RFSA Division 8, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – Western Institute of TAFE
2014 RFSA President’s Scholarship Recipient (awarded to NSW RFS Staff members)
· Bradley Stewart, Tarlo Brigade - RFSA Division 7, Certificate IV Front Line Management – OTEN Distance Education.
The recipients were officially awarded during a luncheon ceremony after the RFSA's Annual General Meeting on the 21st of June 2014, at Parramatta.