A+   A-
Regentville

Brigade in Focus: Regentville

Like most brigades, Regentville had its humble beginnings. Formed in 1951 by a group of local residents and landholders under the guidance of the 'father' of Penrith rural fire brigades, the late Arthur 'Noddy' Downes, the brigade began with a borrowed trailer and little else.

Relocated from its original tin shed to a two-bay brick box in the 1970s, the place is now unrecognisable. Through Member's blood, sweat and tears and a 'little' fund raising, the station is now a fine facility with a meeting/ training room, office, third bay, huge carport and outside area that includes the obligatory barbecue.

Equipment includes two Cat 1 tankers, a four-wheel-drive pumper, a personnel carrier and a fire boat.

2011 60th anniversary celebrations have already included a formal dinner (25 June).

Contact the brigade by telephone: 02 4733 1190.

Regentville is situated immediately south of Penrith in Sydney's western suburbs.

Brigade Snapshot

Brigade: Regentville
Founded: 1951
District/Team/Zone: Cumberland Zone